Wednesday 25 January 2012

Layla Magneffect Magnetic Nail Polish


I was so happy when I got my first magnetic polish I could not wait to get it home and try it out, boy was I disappointed! I had such a hard time with the magnet I can't even tell you. When I finally managed to do both hands this is what I had.


Metallic Sky

Horrible! I didn't even try to get a good picture and that was with some serious effort. No matter what I did to the magnet I could not get a crisp pattern. I rolled my nails while holding the magnet to try to get the pattern onto sides of the nail instead of just a strip on the top, I held it as close as I possibly could which caused more then 1 smoosh which you can see on the pic of the magnet below but no luck.
After looking at this fail for abut an hour I just could not take it anymore! I decided to McGyver a proper magnet and try again. So I took a piece of stiff but flexible plastic (I think I cut it off a package of highlighters I had hanging around) I stuck the magnet onto the plastic and it was perfect I could bend it to the exact shape of my nail. I also found that after 3 nails I needed to give the bottle a gentle shake as if the little magnetic thingies were sinking. That may have just been in my head though, at this point I was tired.

Here's the "custom" magnet

 
Here is the pic of the finished product, so much happier with the results forgive me for the mess but I was so tired after all of this and so excited to get it right that I didn't even bother to clean up
 
 

Gun Metal

No comments:

Post a Comment