Friday 13 April 2012

What are Friends For?




I have a girlfriend who discovered Shellac Nail Polish about 3 months ago and decided it was the best thing since sliced bread. I personally don't get it. I have been very lucky and have never had a problem with polish chipping, tip wear yes but that is something that does not really bother me I can't see it unless I look for it as it is only on the corners of my nails not the actual tips. Also her nails grow pretty quickly and after a week the regrowth is very visible. I am a bit of a perfectionist and that would drive me insane. For me the idea of wearing the same polish for 2 weeks is a bit nuts. I have the attention span of a flea and am usually bored after a day unless it it a spectacular polish, I am lucky if I can leave a mani alone for more then 3 days!
I have been talking to her about doing her own nails instead of the Shellac, I have a bit of paranoia about gel manicures because of all of the horrible stories I have heard about nail damage due to improper application. That being said I have never had one done myself, nobody touches my nails but me. I was concerned for her because this chick has great nails. She rarely wears polish, does nothing for her cuticles, not even hand cream...and her nails are fantastic. Yes. I hate her just a bit.
She finally decided that she would start to take care of her hands and nails herself and wants me to give her "lessons" so I jumped at the chance to convert her!





First let me apologise for the pictures, she is a muggle and thought that the whole before and after thing was very weird. I did the best I could.

So this was her hand before I got to it. I believe that she said this was 2.5 weeks after getting the Shellac put on and the regrowth is pretty bad. I must have been influencing her subliminally because she broke her index nail and actually kept it in a prescription bottle on the off chance I could fix it, although she stated over and over that I was not going to be able to do anything with a teabag!





Here is the after!
I have never removed Shellac before so this was a first for me, I cannot tell you how proud I am of the difference in the before and after, please notice the repaired index finger and happy cutes!!
p.s. the polish in the second photo is China Glaze Harvest Moon



No comments:

Post a Comment